The National Sulphur Fertilizer Company is producing high-quality Sulphur Bentonite, one of the most effective plant nutrients.
Sulphur Bentonite assists the absorption of nitrogen and phosphorus by the plants, increases the effectiveness of NPK fertilizers and drastically improves the quality of the crops.
The project us producing 30,000 ton per annum of Sulphur bentonite located at Messaied Industrial area on a land of 12,000sqm.
Bentonite is a soft, porous and easily formed open slab composed of clay minerals with very small crystals formed by chemical decomposition or degradation of volcanic ash, tuff and lavas rich in aluminum and magnesium. Bentonite is a plant for the minerals that are important for agriculture.
Bentonite, which provides the necessary inorganic minerals for the plant, provides a very suitable nutrition for the plant by adding organic materials (carbon content) produced by various methods.
Advantages of Sulphur bentonite fertilizer
Mixture of organic materials and alkaline feature of agricultural lands result in some problems such as reduction of fertility level of soil and environmental crisis.
In regard to benefits of Sulphur in nature, application of Sulphur bentonite fertilizer can remove lots of these problems. Following advantages are mentioned for Sulphur bentonite fertilizer :
- Sulphur disinfects the soil as a result of its fungicide feature.
- Usage of Sulphur bentonite fertilizer ends in releasing the integrated nutrients of soil.
- Sulphur plays an important role in synthesis process of plant. Application of Sulphur bentonite fertilizer will increase the growth of plant.
- Application of Sulphur will lower the PH of alkaline soils and rectify it which leads to improve the absorption of elements such as nitrogen, phosphate, and micro- nutrients, resulting in a unique environment for growth of plant species.
- Sulphur bentonite fertilizer will increase the resistance of plant against coldness.
- A large amount of Sulphur components turn into sulfate and provides the plant with required nutrients of this element.
- Good smell of some plants and vegetables is the result of volatile Sulphur components. Sulphur bentonite fertilizer will increase the amount of perfume.
Why use Sulphur Bentonite?
Sulphur Bentonite is 90% pure elemental sulphur. It provides degradable sulphur to plants and therefore can have the following advantages over other forms of sulphur fertilizer:
- High nutrient efficiency:
- Slow release, providing sulphate sulphur for the entire crop season.
- High analysis, allowing lower volumes of product, reducing warehousing and freight costs.
- Minimal soil leaching losses until converted to sulphate form.
- Ability to build up available sulphur levels in the soil for the following season (larger particles).
- Savings in nutrient, storage and application costs:
- Lower volume of storage for dealers/growers.
- Fewer application passes for growers.
- Lower sulphur nutrient cost.
- Allows the grower to select the form of nitrogen and preferred application time.
How it works
Sulphur is a key nutrient:
- Sulphur is known to improve the metabolism of Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium.
- Elemental sulphur can be used where sulphur deficiency in soils is known to exist.
- Application of sulphate sulphur will lower the pH of alkaline soils.
Sulphur Bentonite Degradation
- The thiobacillus bacterium is naturally occurring in nearly all soils.
- When sulphur bentonite is applied, the moisture in the soil is absorbed into the bentonite clay, which swells and breaks the pastille particle into very small sulphur particles in the range 20-500 micron.